Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Swear.... It's really me!

Every year, For the first two weeks or so, is a doe and spike season. It gives everyone a chance to shoot a couple more deer to put in the freezer and help manage the herd. I sat in the stand a couple of nights this week and shot a little doe on Saturday night. This was my first bow kill and I was elated when I walked up and saw her laying there. I've been able to talk Noah into letting me skin and quarter up a couple of the deer this year. Of course now this means I have to skin my own kills!

There's some very basic satisfaction that comes from knowing you have just provided food for your family. It's very empowering. My sister is shaking her head right now and saying "I don't even know you".

2 comments:

The Mize of Texas said...

That is the truth!! Love ya!

Mia P. said...

I know you so well! Love you too