Monday, April 27, 2009

My Celebrity Moment

I had a moment today people! I could have sworn on a bible, that I was having a face to face, real life conversation with Sam Elliot about bass fishing!

A man came into the clinic to be seen and his friend brought him in. After I got all the paperwork in order and the man taken to a room, His friend asked me about my pictures I have hanging up. I started talking to him and then looked up, and low and behold! There before me stands Sam Elliot! All he needed was a dusty old red bandanna, a tied-down six shooter and a horse.

I think I froze mid-sentence for about 6 seconds and mentally thought, "Oh My Gosh! It's Sam Elliot! Be cool, be cool." and then kept on talking. So we sit there and shoot the breeze, as they used to say, for about 45 minutes or so. I'm sitting there the whole time wondering if it's possible for me to be sneaky enough to snap a picture of him with my cell phone camera. It wasn't! So we talked and I didn't embarrass myself. This old guy was one of the coolest dude's I've ever had the chance to talk to.

Turns out, He wasn't Sam. But I learned a valuable lesson today, I'm totally awesome under pressure!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You didn't have to tell us it wasn't him! I would totally have gone with it being him. I'm still impressed that you can talk about fishing for 45 minutes. I would have about 5 minutes of how gross bait is and then I'd be out of anything to talk about.