Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dentists Appt.

I think everyone gets reminder cards in the mail. It could be from the veterinaries office for the family pet. Or the dentist, reminding you that your teeth need to be cleaned. Or maybe from your doctor about a yearly physical. Regardless, I think everyone is very familiar with walking to the mailbox and finding a cheery "We miss you! It's time for a check-up!" postcard in the box. Well I'm no different, except that I HATE going to the doctors!! So in my way of thinking, why drag it out all year? I have all my check-ups, physicals and cleanings done so that they fall within the same week. Get it over and done with!

Very recently I made the walk to the end of the drive and found three separate reminder cards, so I took out my calendar and started the calls. I had to do the Yearly at the Gynecologist Dr. N---, and my 6 month cleaning at the dentist Dr C----, and Maggie needed her shots. GREAT!! So I start dialing and here's what happened;

Receptionist: "Good morning! Thanks for calling Dr. N---'s office. How can I help you?"
Me: Yes, I received a reminder today about my 6 month cleaning and I'd like to set that appointment up with you."
R: ".......Uhm, Ma'am! We don't do that here."
M: "Yes you do! I got the reminder today."
R: "Have we ever seen you before?"
M: "You sure have. About 6 months ago for my cleaning."
R: "Ma'am we don't clean those here!"
M: "Wait! Who's Office is this?"
R: (Laughing her butt off by now) "Dr. N---'s"
M: "I thought this was the dentists number"
R: (Still laughing) "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
M: "Uhm.... Yes, actually I need to set up my yearly with you. But I don't want to tell you my name now."
R: "Oh Honey. I have caller I.D. and I'll never forget this call."
M: "Crap!"

I hate living in a small town! I see that lady everywhere now. She just laughs and laughs.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hilarious! I can totally sympathize. I do things like this all the time. My brain just doesn't work all the time.